Friday, February 13, 2015

week 32

Well it's been another great week here in the Weldon Spring area. 

We had transfer calls this past Saturday, and I will be heading to the Maryland Heights ward, which is in the St. Louis Stake. I will definitely miss this area. There are so many amazing people here that I have had the opportunity to serve with. I really feel like I was meant to come to this area to learn specific things. But, I am excited to turn the page to the next chapter of my mission. One thing that I'm really excited about is the fact that the Robinsons, a part member family we had been working with before Christmas, moved away. It turns out that they actually moved into the Maryland Heights ward, so I will be excited to see them again!

Considering it's Valentines Day this Saturday, I thought I would the chance to let all of you know how much a love and appreciate everything that you do. So many people have had such an impact on my life, and I thank each and every one of you for making me the person I am today.

Along with that, something that has been on my mind lately has been the topic of charity. In the scriptures, it often points out that without charity, we truly are nothing. It is essential for each of us to learn the attribute of charity in order to learn to become like our savior, Jesus Christ, for it truly is the "pure love of Christ." I would encourage everyone, including myself, to take the counsel given to us by the prophet Mormon: "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." (Moroni 7:48)

If we truly desire to become like Chirst, we need to understand and experience the love that He has for each person that has ever walked this Earth. We experience that love as we sincerely seek it through prayer. 

I love this work, and I love all of you so much!

The Church is True!

Love,

Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment