Monday, November 17, 2014

week 20

So this week has been a different week, considering it was Elder Jones' last week of the mission. He left early this morning, and I will be staying with the other ward's Elders for the next couple of days.

We have been meeting with a lot of members, and we're hoping that this will get their own missionary work kick-started. It's also been good just getting to know the members of the ward. It's amazing how many people I meet on the mission. It's often hard to keep track of all of them!

We also got transfer calls this past Saturday. I will be staying in the Weldon Spring ward, and I will be training a brand new missionary! I'm a little nervous, but at the same time I'm excited to see what the Lord has for me to learn.

I also had a good study of humility this past week. One of my favorite scriptures I came across was in D&C 67:10: "And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am- not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual." I've come more and more to know that that scripture is true. The more we humble ourselves and accept and seek the will of God, we are able to more clearly see His hand in every aspect of our lives. He really does love us, and everything He does is for our benefit and growth.

I love this work, and I love all of you!

The Church is True!

Love,
Elder Fullmer

Inline image 1
Peter with the now departed Elder Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment