Monday, December 15, 2014

week 24

So we didn't have many chances to teach many lessons this week, but I really enjoyed this week, because that just meant we had more chances to Share the Gift with many more people. 

As missionaries we absolutely LOVE the "He is the Gift" cards that the Church has made because they are SOOO easy to give to people. What a better time to invite others to come unto Christ than at CHRISTmas!? It's amazing to see people's faces light up whenever we tell them about the video about Christ and Christmas. Hearts are truly softened at this time of year.

Yesterday, Elder Burningham and I both spoke in Sacrament Meeting about Testimony. I found it such a blessing to prepare for this talk because I definitely learned more than I shared. President Uchtdorf gave a wonderful talk in the most recent General Conference entitled "Receiving a Testimony of Light and Truth." In it he outlined 4 simple steps that we must take in order to receive our own testimony:
1. Read and study the words of the scriptures and prophets.
2. Ponder upon the messages they contain, and also be grateful to the Lord for being merciful enough to impart of His word to us.
3. Pray to Heavenly Father with a sincere heart, real intent, and faith in Christ to know if these things are true.
4. Live the teachings and principles!

It was so cool to be able to study each of those steps in depth and find out how vital each of them are in helping us gain and build our own testimony. One thing I also shared was the promise that our testimony grows as we share it! It seems to be the great paradox of the Gospel: the more we give, the more of it we have to give. It's so true! My testimony has grown leaps and bounds since I've been on my mission, which comes from sharing it! Never hesitate to share you testimony with anyone, because you'd be missing an opportunity to strengthen their testimony as well as your own.

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying this wonderful time of year. One scripture that we have often shared with others recently is found in Alma 7:7 
"For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all-for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people."

I testify that this is the time of year when we celebrate that which "is of more importance than they all." This is the time of year when we celebrate the birth of Jesus the Christ, the Savior of the World, and the Redeemer of all mankind. I know He lives, and I know that He loves each and every one of us.

I love all of you, and I love this work.

The Church is True!

Love,

Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment