Tuesday, January 6, 2015

week 25

It has been such a joy to be a missionary this past week. Teaching people about their Savior Jesus Christ has so much more meaning during this time of year. Hearts are softened, minds are opened, and the light of Christ's love seems to permeate every life we come into contact with.

There hasn't been one experience in particular this week that stands out to me enough to share, but I think I have come better to realize the wonderful peace that Christ can bring into each of our lives.

Thinking about the Nativity story, the circumstances of Christ's birth, being born in a stable away from the crowds and busyness that I'm sure were present during that time, particularly stand out to me this year. He was not born with trumpets and fanfare. He was not born with vast multitudes of people kneeling at his feet. He was born on a silent night, a holy night. A night that was calm and bright. Christ, the Prince of Peace, could not have come into this world in a more peaceful manner. He came to bring peace into the life of every individual who ever has lived and will yet live upon this earth, and He began His life here on Earth as the perfect example of peace.

One of my favorite scriptures is found in John 16:33: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

I hope that during this special time of year, each of us would take a few moments to thoughtfully ponder and invite the peace of Christ into our lives. Despite the trials and tribulations that we all go through, that promise of peace is readily available to all who will accept it. 

One of my favorite Christmas Hymn is the well known song "Silent Night":

Silent night! Holy night!
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and Child.
Holy Infant, so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace;
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Silent night! Holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight!
Glories stream from heaven afar;
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ the Savior, is born!
Christ the Savior, is born!

Silent night! Holy night!
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face,
with the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord, at thy birth;
Jesus, Lord, at thy birth.

I hope all of you have a wonderfully merry and peaceful Christmas this year!

I love this work, and I love all of you!

The Church is True!

Merry Christmas!

Love,

Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment