Tuesday, January 6, 2015

week 27

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all enjoyed celebrating the joys of this past year and looking forward to the goals for this next year!

A fun highlight from this past week was the chance I got to sit behind a drum set for the first time in 6 months! 

This past Sunday was Fast and Testimony Meeting, and I was amazed at the Spirit that I felt during that meeting. It was probably the strongest I have ever felt it during a testimony meeting. One after another, the members of this wonderful ward got up and shared their sweet, simple testimonies of the love that our Father in Heaven has for us. Despite the trials and hardships that we all experience, we can always trust in the unfailing love of our Father. 

I have been thinking about the different ways our Father expresses that love for us.

One way He shows us this love is by placing us in our families. The family is the social unit in which the strongest bonds are made between the members. Our families our here to help us learn, grow, be happy, and feel of God's love for each of us. He even gives us the opportunity to keep our families with us for eternity. What a blessing and witness of the infinite love of our Father.

Another way He shows us His love is through the Book of Mormon. This past week, I have been able to see much more clearly the importance of a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I've been able to see this past week those with a powerful testimony that it is true, those who are searching to find a testimony, and those who have altogether chosen not to seek for that witness. The Book of Mormon is here to enrich our lives and bring peace and clarity to those areas of turmoil and confusion, but those blessings can only come if we are willing to use the tool that our Father has given us. Preach My Gospel says that "The Book of Mormon, combined with the Spirit, is your most powerful resource in conversion." Our Father in Heaven wants us to become converted to Him, and why not use the most powerful tool that He has given us? I am sure that the more we study the Book of Mormon with the guidance of the Spirit, the more we will be able to recognize the love of our Father in Heaven.

Of course, the greatest expression of love that our Father has given to us is His Son. "For God so love the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." What love our Father must have for us in order to send His Son to suffer and die for our sins. "I stand all amazed" when I consider that infinite and boundless love.

I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year!

I love this work and I love all of you!

The Church is True!

Love,

Elder Fullmer

(part 2)

I almost forgot about one of the best parts of my week!

We have started teaching a young girl named Rylie, who is the granddaughter of a member of our ward. She is only 8 years old, but has chosen on her own to be baptized. It is so neat to see the faith of someone so young. It reminds me of the counsel of our Savior to "repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name." It's wonderful to see the gospel bless people of all ages!

Love,

Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment