Monday, August 11, 2014

week 6

So this week was kind of disappointing because we had quite a few appointments fall through, but other than that it went really well.

We had dinner at a member's house this week and they have 8 kids. Haha it was really funny how similar it felt to having the missionaries over at our house. I felt right at home.

We also went on exchanges twice this week, which was a new experience for me, but it turned out really well. I was with Elder Johnson and then Elder Christensen. They are both really awesome missionaries.

We met this lady, Amanda, who seems really interested in learning about the Church. We have been struggling lately to find really solid investigators who have a strong desire to learn. We're hoping that we can start teaching her soon.

I also got to play "Oh How Lovely was the Morning" for the third time now. It went really well, and it felt good to come back "Home" for a few minutes. 

I finally got to go to Ted Drews this week! It was so good. I had Tedad's flavor, which is like Butterscotch oatmeal cookie. It was SOOOOO good. haha 

Yesterday in Church the whole day was really centered on the blessings of the Temple and how they are ultimately there to ensure that our families can be together forever. What a wonderful blessing it is to know that no matter what happens, if we stay true to the covenants we have made, nothing will ever separate our families. It's something I've grown to appreciate so much more on my mission as I see people who don't have that knowledge and assurance. I want them to have that but many aren't willing to accept it. It's sad to see people not realize what blessings God is waiting to give them, but we all have our agency, and we don't have the authority to make anyone do anything against their will.

A really cool scripture I found this morning is in Mosiah 2:4 about how when we keep the Lord's commandments, we are blessed with both happiness and love for God and all men. Those are both things that I have been looking for lately is how to enjoy the mission and how to love others. It was cool to realize that we have the promise of both of those if we simply obey the commandments that God has given us.

I love you all and I love this mission! The Church is true!

Love,
Elder Fullmer

(On a side note, Elder Fullmer sent this picture of a turtle they found on the side of the road. He kindly reminded me of the turtle he and Christian found when we lived in St. Louis.... the turtle I lost (I'M SORRY!!!!) But I think I'm forgiven now, especially because this is probably the same turtle ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment