Thursday, September 18, 2014

week 10

Hey Everyone! 

Before I forget again, I forgot to put at the end of my letter the wonderful news that The Church is True!

It's been another week of trying to find new people to teach. We haven't had much success knocking on doors, so we are going to try and work through the members to find new investigators, because through the members is honestly the best way to do missionary work. It's easier for the investigator, the missionary, and it gives the members an opportunity to partake in the joy of seeing someone finding the truth. So I would encourage everyone out there to invite someone to hear this wonderful message we have! It blesses each and everyone of our lives, so why not share it? All it can do is make you and someone else happier!

This Saturday we had a ward activity, and we ended up with quite a few nonmembers there! We were most excited about Ed, who is a super goofy old guy, who loves to talk with us and learn about the truth. There isn't a single thing he doesn't accept about what we teach him. The only problem is that the Church he attends is at the same time as our Church service. So it was a blessing to see him in the Church building meeting and having a good time with the members.

So this week I have been studying Humility, which is one of the hardest Christ-like attributes to attain, because if you think you have it, you probably don't. 
Two of the best scriptures I found were first in D+C 112:10:
"Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers." What great blessings are promised to us if we simply acknowledge the fact that God's will will always work out better for us than our own plans.
The second scripture is the crowning example of humility. It is found in Matthew 26:39:
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
As always, Christ is the perfect example of how we should act. It is not a bad thing to bring our desires to Heavenly Father. However, the purpose of coming to the Lord is to surrender our will to His. That is the meaning of Humility: "Not as I will, but as thou wilt." What a simple and clear example of how we should humbly follow our Heavenly Father's counsel in everything we do. 

I hope that you all are doing well wherever you may be!

I Love all of you and I Love this work with all my heart!

The Church is True!

Love,
Elder Fullmer

Here is a photo that Peter sent. He is standing next to his trainer and then all the other missionaries he has trained, and that they have trained, and so forth--the trainer's "posterity". 

No comments:

Post a Comment