Thursday, September 18, 2014

week 11

So on Monday last week, we had the amazing opportunity to help move the Angel Moroni from the St. Louis Temple. It has just been weathered and beaten for so long that it was time to replace it. So about 30 missionaries were invited to help load it onto a trailer and unload it where it was going to stay while it was being refurbished. It was a really neat experience that I will find hard to forget.

Other than that, it has been a pretty rough week. We aren't teaching a lot, which is hard, but we are searching diligently to find those who are prepared.

On Saturday night, I pretty much hit an emotional wall. I really felt frustrated that my efforts weren't making much of a difference. I woke up the next morning feeling very much the same way. Just frustrated and discouraged, but I went to Church seeking to find peace and resolution. In Sacrament meeting, a member of our ward gave his farewell talk before he leaves to serve in the Adriatic North mission. It brought back a flood of memories of when I left my home to serve here in St. Louis. Then the closing Hymn we sang was "I Believe in Christ." That song has never hit me so hard as it did that day. I couldn't even sing because I was tearing up so badly. I realized that it is through Christ that we find peace and strength in this life. We may be able to find those temporarily from other sources, but He is the only sure source of what we all desire, which is peace, clarity, and happiness. What amazing words from that song:
"I believe in Christ; he is my King! With all my heart to him I'll sing; I'll raise my voice in praise and joy, In grand amens my tongue employ."
In harmony with those words comes to mind the powerful testimony of Christ found in Doctrine and Covenants 76:22: "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give him: That he lives!"
Christ truly does live today. He seeks to bless us and help us find peace. All we must do is follow Him and rely on His grace and mercy. He is the LIVING water. The bread of LIFE. He is what makes all of this possible. What a wonderful blessing it is to know these simple, but profound truths. And what a great blessing it is to have the opportunity to share them with every one around us. I love my Savior with all my heart. With all my heart to him I'll sing. This is HIS work and HIS gospel, and we are just privileged to be a part of it. The Church is True!
Love,
Elder Fullmer

His companion makes a "stir fry" of sorts with anything and everything they have on hand. He said it's actually pretty good.
 Recent trip to the St. Louis Zoo
 Any resemblance?
 He was impressed with the "epic" seals. Also, he offered 10 points to anyone who can guess what his shirt means. (Hint: the asterisk in the center of the middle circle has the caption "you are here" under the graphic)
First case of moldy bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment