Tuesday, October 21, 2014

week 16

So there's not a lot to report on this week.

The highlight was inviting one of our investigators, Steve, to be baptized on December 13! He seemed a bit hesitant, so we asked him to pray about it this next week. We feel like he could be ready by then, but hopefully he will feel the same way, too.

Yesterday I got to play "Oh How Lovely was the Morning" in Sacrament meeting (again). Before I played it, I asked everyone to think of a name of someone they know and then ask them to listen to the Missionary lessons. I'm hoping that people will take the challenge and invite others! It was cool to see that the speaker who got up after me was almost in tears. He said that he recognized the arrangement from when his brother used to play it, and that his brother is now struggling with his testimony. I'm glad that I was able to touch the heart of at least one person there.

We also met an old Former Investigator, who was actually really excited to have us back, which was great! But apparently he leaves every winter to live in Florida for a few months, so hopefully we can work with him before he leaves.

A really neat scripture that I found this week was in Moroni 7:13:
"But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God."

What a testimony that is to me of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the gospel in general. I have never heard anything taught in this church that doesn't invite us to do good and come closer to God. And if this gospel does that, then it must be inspired of God, just like the scripture says!

I love you all, I love this work.
The Church is true!
Love,
Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment